Happy August! 🌱☀️🍃
I’m fully aware of the fact that I say this every month, but July genuinely felt like it came and went in the blink of an eye. (I blame it on my internship, really.)
August was the first month this year in which I could finally read without too many feelings of “I should be studying/productive in regards to my studies”, and I fully embraced the two-and-a-half weeks in which I had no lectures to attend.
And I managed to read so many more books than all those months before!!
Total score 📚: 23
ARCs 💌: 8
Re-reads 📖: 2
Graphic Novels 🖌: 6
Poetry 🎨: 1
Short Stories 📘: 1
Audiobooks 🎧: 1
Buddy Reads 👭: 6
Avg. Rating ⭐: 2.87
Middle Grade: 1
Young Adult: 9
YARC 2019 🍚: 6
The Fever King Webtoon by Victoria Lee & Sara Deek 🖌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2) by Victoria Lee 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert ¦ ⭐⭐
Oh My Goddess! Volume 31 (Oh My Goddess! #31) by Kosuke Fujishima 🖌🍚 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Small Changes Over Long Periods of Time by K.M. Szpara 📘 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
The Bone Garden by Heather Kassner 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Oh My Goddess! Volume 32 (Oh My Goddess! #32) by Kosuke Fujishima 🖌🍚 ¦ ⭐⭐
Her Royal Highness (Royals #2) by Rachel Hawkins 👭 ¦ ⭐⭐
The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon #1) by Katie O’Neill 🖌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Grace Year by Kim Liggett 💌👭 ¦ ⭐⭐½
Maybe This Time by Kasie West 👭 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Miranda in Milan by Katharine Duckett 💌🎧 ¦ ⭐⭐
Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Recursion by Blake Crouch 👫 ¦ ⭐
The Foxhole Court (All for the Game #1) by Nora Sakavic 📖 ¦ ⭐⭐½
The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon #1) by Katie O’Neill 💌🖌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire #2) by Natasha Ngan 💌👭🍚 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker & Wendy Xu 💌🖌🍚 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1) by Fonda Lee 👭🍚 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
The Raven King (All for the Game #2) by Nora Sakavic 📖 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Salad Anniversary by Machi Tawara 🎨🍚 ¦ ⭐½
- My blog collaboration with Olivia was one of my absolute highlights of the month! I’m so in love with the post she wrote, and so happy we got to scream about one of our favorite fandoms together, Harry Potter.
- CW wrote an amazing recommendation post, in which she combines her love for Ghibli with her love of books, and I love it to pieces.
- Rain recommended Asian books based on other books you’ve probably read and loved, and I absolutely adore it.
- Taasia compiled an Ultimate Summer Reading List featuring over fifty fun, and diverse summer books! (We stan.)
- Shri wrote an insightful blog post on sibling relationships in books, and how a lot of times the relationship part is … lacking.
- Chaima wrote a beautiful book review for R.F. Kuang’s The Dragon Republic, and it made me even more excited to start on my ARC as soon as possible.
I was nominated enough times in the 2019 Book Blogger Awards to get to voting rounds in six (ahhh) categories!
I haven’t talked a whole lot about them, nor asked you to vote for me here on my blog, because of Impostor’s Syndrome on one hand, and not wanting to make anyone feel like they have to vote for me on the other, but thank you all so much for thinking of me, and nominating me, it means the world to me!
(I feel marginally more comfortable saying it on my blog now, since voting is officially closed.)
Best of Book Blogging
- Best Book Reviews
- Best Blog Aesthetic
- Best Personality
- Friendliest Member of the Community
- Best at Promoting Diverse Books
- Best Overall Book Blogger
Being nominated alone is already such a huge honor, and no matter the results of the voting round, I’m so excited to celebrate the winners soon!! 💖
How was your July? 💗
What non-book-related incident made you really happy last month?
What were your favorite/least favorite books?