Happy November, everyone! ❄️☁️
Can you believe that there are only two months left of this year? The weather’s finally cooled down here, and to paint you an image of me—you’ll likely find me bundled up in a scarf, wearing my coziest sweater, and nursing a cup of tea in my hands, whenever I’m awake. Also, with my nose buried in books—yes, plural. And sadly, not strictly those I read for pleasure. Think osteology, organic chemistry, and hematology.
October’s been … a ride. What do you call a month that started out great, and then slowly slipped and slid its way towards horrible towards the end? (Lily’s October 2018.) I legit fell into my worst reading slump this past week, and am still “reading” the same book I started a week ago. :’)
But let’s not dwell on past grievances, because I’m determined for November to be amazing. And I actually had a pretty decent reading month, looking at my overall average rating?
Total score 📚: 19
ARCs 💌: 6
Re-reads 📖: 1
Graphic Novels 🖌: 2
Poetry 🎨: 1
Short Stories 📘: 4
Audiobooks 🎧: 1½
Buddy Reads 👭: 5
Five-⭐-a-thon 🌟: 4½/5
Avg. Rating ⭐: 3.56
Middle Grade: –
Young Adult: 14
Final Draft by Riley Redgate 👭🌟 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
This Winter by Alice Oseman 📘👭🌟 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor 🌟 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Secret History by Donna Tartt 🎧 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Vengeful (The Villains #2) by V.E. Schwab 👭🌟(🎧) ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Anger is a Gift by Mark Oshiro 🌟 ¦ ⭐⭐½
Paper Girl by Cindy R. Wilson 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Finding Baba Yaga by Jane Yolen 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Empress of all Seasons by Emiko Jean 💌👭 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
You Are the Everything by Karen Rivers 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Galatea by Madeline Miller ⭐⭐
Sea Prayer by Khaled Hosseini 🖌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fence #10 (Fence, #10) by by C.S. Pacat & Johanna the Mad 🖌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan 💌 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Life After Legend by Marie Lu 📘 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐½
Life After Legend II by Marie Lu 📘 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee 📘 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Summer Palace by C.S. Pacat 📘 ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve finally had a bit more time to devote to Instagram, and actually managed to be more active, and post pictures regularly! I’m so happy I re-discovered my love of photography, thanks to it. My Instagram account is still strictly book-related, but I’ve started to take more pictures in day-to-day life again as well, and I’m thinking of maybe posting them, too—what do you think?
Here is a sneak peek of my feed:
- Marie helps you figure out a very important question: Are you a blogging cliché? (This is all in good fun, and I’d love to know if you are!)
- CW launched her absolutely stunning, and magical blog, The Quiet Pond, and I’m already in love with it, and so incredibly excited for all the posts that are to come. Please give her a warm welcome back to the blogosphere. 💜
- Similarly, Bentley returned from his blogging hiatus in September, and is back to blessing us with his reviews again—please send some love his way!
- Emma celebrated her birthday last month, and compiled a list featuring her ten favorite books—unsurprisingly, it’s a gorgeous post in every way.
- Liz‘ Instagram account was hacked, so it’d be wonderful if you could give her a follow on her new one; you can find her @lizinthenews.
- Hannah wrote a lovely review for very highly anticipated book of mine, The Sisters of the Winter Wood. ✨
How was your month? 💗
Which book(s) did you vote for in the Goodreads Choice Awards?
I’d love to hear all about what you’ve been up to in October!