Happy Saturday, everyone! 🌷
Seeing as I have an exam on Monday (please wish me luck, because my anxiety has reached insurmountable heights already!!), I’m posting my wrap-up a tiny little bit earlier this month, as I want to focus on revising tomorrow.
As predicted, I read much fewer books this month, but since I didn’t have all too many exams just yet, I still managed to read way more than I thought I would. I also finished my O.W.L.s, and miraculously, I passed all my subjects, and got an Outstanding??
(I know the “yay” is a sarcastic one in this scene, but this is such a cute GIF, so I had to use it, anyway.)
I had so, so much fun, and want to give a huge thank you to Sophie for organizing it, and all the girls, especially Steph, for all the chats. It was such a great experience for me, and definitely one I would love to repeat.
Moreover, thanks to the many re-reads of books I loved, my average rating is actually pretty high this month, and I’m really pleased with that. I’m … less pleased with being disappointed by Wildcard, but that’s okay. Marie Lu is still one of my favorite writers. 😌
Total score 📚: 20
Re-reads 📖: 5
Graphic Novels 🖌: 2
Poetry 🎨: 2
Audiobooks 🎧: 2
Buddy Reads 👭: 2
O.W.L.s read-a-thon ⚡️: 13/12
Avg. Rating ⭐: 3.18
Middle Grade: 2
Young Adult: 14
Honeybee by Trista Mateer 🎨⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury 🎧⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan ⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
A Million Junes by Emily Henry ⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett 🎧⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu 📖⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
Sadie by Courtney Summers ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu 📖⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐½
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor 📖👭⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee 📖⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐½
The Gilded King (Sovereign, #1) by Josie Jaffrey ⭐⭐
The Chaos of Longing by K.Y. Robinson 🎨⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐
Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud 👫⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle Vol. 09 by CLAMP 🖌⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐
Wildcard by Marie Lu ¦ ⭐⭐
Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram ⭐⭐
The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu 📖⚡️ ¦ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard ⭐⭐⭐½
The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims ⭐⭐⭐½
The Book of Onions by Jake Thompson 🎨 ¦ ⭐⭐½
September’s been a slow month for me, blog-hopping wise, because university started, and I was pretty overwhelmed with classes, and my schedule in general, but I still managed to somewhat stay up to date with the blogs I follow, and here are a few of my favorite posts!
- Marty‘s Social Media Tag post is so lovingly written, and features so many blogs I adore, so you all should definitely check it out! (And yes, I’m blinking away tears at being mentioned by her, because I love her blog.)
- Fadwa‘s etiquette post on author/reviewer interaction is so incredibly important, and helpful, and an all-around worthwhile read.
- Kaleena gives great advice on how to schedule tweets and pins, and as a newbie tweeter (is that a word?) I appreciate it so much. [MY TWITTER, in case you were wondering.]
- Marie shared her story with ARCs as an international blogger, and it truly touched my heart.
- Malanie compiled a list featuring her top five fantasy books, and her fantasy TBR, and unsurprisingly, it’s gorgeous in every way.
- Marija talks about the eternal frustration of being an international book blogger, and it really resonated with me.
I’m not going to apologize (again) for not getting around to answering your questions (again) this month (even though I am very sorry!), because it’s very probable that one of these days you’ll stop believing me, but I promise I’ll get to at least one of them next month!!
But at least I did a tag? And took part in a read-a-thon? And managed to
somewhat reply to comments in a timely fashion? I’m counting these as wins.
How was your month?
Any recent or upcoming releases you’re excited about?
I’d love to hear all about the book(s) you’ve been reading, and what you’ve been up to! 💗