Happy Saturday, guys! ☺️
I can’t believe another month has come and gone—and my blog had its one month blogiversary! On June 8th, to be exact. Is it weird that I kind of think of my blog as my baby? 👶🏻🎂💗 (In the figurative sense, of course.)
Two things in relation to my bookish life have happened this month that I’m very, very excited about:
1. I completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge of 120 books! 🎊
I literally started procrastinating on reading books the very moment I finished book number 120, to be honest. However, someone (May) may or may not have challenged me to up the number to 200, so I may just do that … just to keep myself motivated. (Should I?)
2. I became a Book Depository Affiliate!
I usually buy books at my local bookstore, but seeing as I live in Europe, and they very often don’t have the books I want, I’m so happy to have found this gem. Book Depository delivers books worldwide without extra shipping costs (and actually delivers them in a timely manner!!), and I have yet to not find a book I want to buy on their website.
If you order books online, and want to support blog(ger)s you love, definitely consider using the Book Depository links on their blogs, because we get a small commission if you do, and it doesn’t affect your shopping experience in any way!
You can find my Book Depository link in the sidebar, and I always put direct links to the books I recommend in my book review posts.
We appreciate it so much, if you use them! ❤
Total score 📚: 28
Re-reads 📖: 1
Short Stories 📘: 4
Graphic Novels 🖌: 8
Poetry 🎨: 1
Audiobooks 🎧: 2
Buddy Reads 👭: 6
Avg. Rating ⭐: 2.65
Young Adult: 20
Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Summer Palace (Captive Prince Short Stories #2) by C.S. Pacat 📘 | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Green but for a Season (Captive Prince Short Stories #1) by C.S. Pacat 📘 | ⭐⭐⭐
The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant (Captive Prince Short Stories #3) by C.S. Pacat 📘 | ⭐⭐⭐½
Forest of a Thousand Lanters (Rise of the Empress #1) by Julie C. Dao | ⭐⭐⭐
The Upward Spiral by Alex Korb 🎧 | ⭐⭐⭐
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson 👭 | ⭐½
Legendary (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber 👫 | ⭐⭐
Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid 👭 | ⭐⭐⭐½
Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke ⭐⭐
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling 📖👭 | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (🎧)👭 | ⭐½
Solitaire by Alice Oseman 👭 | ⭐⭐⭐½
Nick and Charlie – A Solitaire Novella by Alice Oseman 📘 | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fence (Fence #1-#5) by C.S. Pacat and Johanna the Mad 🖌 | ⭐⭐⭐⅓
I published my first discussion post this month, in which I talk about something that’s been on my mind for a long time—and I’m honestly floored that so many of you related to my struggles, and very honored that you left me messages telling me about your own—THANK YOU. :’)
As always, it’s very important to me to show love and appreciation to fellow bloggers, and here are some of the posts and blogs I want to shine a light on this month:
- I only recently stumbled upon Michelle‘s blog, and fell in love with it right away. Her moodboards are so beautiful, and I can feel myself turn into a heart eyes emoji whenever I see them. Moreover, she’s celebrating her four year blogiversary this month, so be sure to head over to her blog to congratulate her. ☺️
- May, one of my favorite people in the book community, lets us in on her secret of how she keeps track of all the books she reads, and my slightly OCD self marvels at all those spreadsheets and subcategories and diverse books she’s been reading.
- Swetlana wrote a brilliant blog post on how you can switch up your reading experience, and it was so entertaining, and inspiring—please go read it!
- Catherine gives tips on reading on a budget, and I’m so happy to have been introduced to Open Library, thanks to her.
- One of my new favorite bloggers Ju gets excited about upcoming Asian-inspired Fantasy book releases here, and I’m basically screaming right next to her.
- Marie tells us how she avoids book slumps, and as always, her post is wonderfully written, and I absolutely adore it.
I also want to spotlight a few blogs that I recently started following—some of them are newbie bloggers, like I am, so please go show them some love 💞: Shan @ Little Irish Book Cat 🌸 Dezzy @ The Thoughtful Voice 🌸 Catherine @ Book Wonderland Web 🌸 Kaycee @ The Autumn Daydreamer 🌸 Nimika @ Wordhaven Blog 🌸 Satou @ Inkish Kingdoms 🌸
As always, a million thank yous to everyone who nominated me for an award!! It means so much to me, and I’m so humbled that you guys thought of me.
I’ve been struggling with getting around to creating all the nomination posts, because I want to give you proper answers to your questions, so please bear with me, and know that I’m very grateful & am doing my best to answer them all as soon as I can.
Have you set a reading goal for 2018?
What was your favorite book in June?
Any July releases you’re looking forward to?
Feel free to leave me a link to your own June wrap-up post here, I’d love to drop by and see what you’ve been up to! 💗